Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 36 of Jim's Recovery

Didn't get a chance to visit Dad again today. It's like now that he is home I'm not so worried about him. But I still feel awful when I can't go see him. Mom says that today Dad had a ton of visitors. He did pretty well because he got a chance to sleep between the visits. Thank you so much to Dad's friends at Coldwell Banker who brought my parents a Christmas tree. I was going to go buy one but you guys beat me to it! And thank you for doing that because mine was going to be a small Charlie Brown tree, apparently yours is big and beautiful. We are going over tomorrow night to help decorate. I'm so excited. Thank you guys for bringing Christmas to my parents. When Dad was beginning to remember the house he told us he wanted a real tree this year!

Mom had a serious scare today. She took the dogs for a walk and when she got back Dad told her he almost passed out. I guess he was at the computer (I don't know why, he can't read or write yet) and felt really dizzy then had a small black out. Now Mom is petrified to ever leave Dad. We are going to have to get babysitters for him whenever we leave. Dad goes back to the doctor on Monday. We will see what is going on. I'm wondering if perhaps there is something else going on besides his head injury. What if this was happening before the accident and he just never mentioned it to anyone, then finally one day he passed out completely and fell down the stairs? Matt (hubby) says with all of his MRI's something serious in the brain would have been detected. Perhaps and inner ear infection? Don't know but it makes me nervous.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, good point about the possibility of passing out before the accident. was today after all of his visitors? perhaps he was just worn out by all of the excitement? i didn't get to stop in and see him, but many from my office did and they said he seemed to be doing well; "same ol' Jim, just seems tired and can't always remember the right words". I am happy about the tree. good luck with the decorations!

    ReplyDelete